The Candy Color Rainbow is a beautiful way to see how colors mix together. Enjoy this captivating experiment with your child!
To learn the colors: red, orange, yellow, green, and purple.
- multi-colored candy or jelly beans
- cup of warm water
- Prepare all the materials.
- Review the colors with your child. Ask your child what different colors they can see in the room or on their clothes.
- Open the packet of candy or jelly beans and see what colors they have.
- Start sorting the colors. Make little piles for the red, orange, yellow, green, and purple candy.
- Arrange the colors in a line around the plate. Have your child repeat the names of the colors.
- Pour warm water until it touches all the candy. (Please assist your child as needed.)
- Watch and wait for a colorful rainbow to appear.
- Enjoy any leftover candy as a special treat!