How about a fun way to eat healthy? Learn about the parts of a butterfly and some fruit names while putting together this fun snack!
Fruit names: orange(s), carrot(s), grape(s)
Parts of a butterfly: wings, body, antenna(e)
“Little Butterfly” Animation:
- Healthy Butterfly Snack Recipe PDF
- orange slices
- Watch “Little Butterfly” (above).
- Talk to your child about what they saw in the animation. “What did you see? What color was the butterfly?”
- Prepare all the materials. (Note: We recommend cutting the orange and the carrot ahead of time. Always use caution when using sharp objects.)
- Introduce the fruits and vegetable to your child. Ask questions about the features of the fruit/vegetable. “This is an orange. What color is this? What shape is this?”
- Start putting together the butterfly, starting with the wings. As your child is putting together the parts, help your child verbalize what they’re doing. “We are using oranges for the wings. How many wings did we put on our butterfly?”
- Repeat Step 3 for the body and the antennae.
- Enjoy the snack!