The Texture Book is a really fun way for your child to learn various textures. Enjoy this quick and easy sensory craft activity with your child!
To learn the textures: soft, squishy, rough, bumpy, and smooth.
- Texture Book Template PDF
- texture materials for
- soft – velvet
- squishy – sponge
- rough – sandpaper
- bumpy – corrugated cardboard
- smooth – ribbon
- Prepare all the materials.
- Introduce the concept of textures to your child. Go around the room touching various objects and asking, “How does this feel?” “Does this feel soft or rough?”
- Introduce each of the texture materials to your child. “This is a sponge. Does this feel bumpy or squishy?”
- Cut out the template using scissors. (Please assist your child as needed.)
- Lay out all the squares on the table. Point to each square and say the texture.
- Match and glue each texture material to the square.
- Assemble the book with the cover on top and staple it together. (Please assist your child as needed.)
- Go through the book and have your child say and feel each texture material.